Sunday 29 July 2007

Allergies




I thought my kids were allergic to MSG ( a major ingredient of noodles / magi/ indomie). I fed them allergy mixtures every night- spent 17KD to buy a miracle cure. After 5 weeks in the UK, eating Batchelors noodles ( with MSG) and not a cough , I have come to the conclusion they are allergic to something in Kuwait.......what is it in our atmosphere which makes children sniff, sneeze and splutter so much ? Doctors really owe it to us , and our kids to investigate this phenomenon more thorougly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My two boys lived on noodles and noodles alone ----- until I was told by a doctor that Monosodium glutamate, (this MSG flavour enhancer) caused obesity and other crazy symtpoms that noone would want their children to suffer. I thought he was; crazy?
But, seems it is true.
Up until 1959, this 'flavour enhancer' was not permitted to be added to foods..
A 1992 report by the WHO suggested it was NOT a significant health hazard, however, in 1995 - an unknown percentage of the population developed; burning sensation in the back, forearm and chest..numbness in the back of the neck and tingling, warmth and weakness in the face, chest pain, naseau, rapid heartbeat and much much more! So, like myself - be thankful that in Kuwait you can't give your kids noodles~ seems this MSG is becoming more and more hazardous.
I did try them in Kuwait with the plain packets of noodles. These have nothing added to them and the boys were fine.
Good luck.

Escargo(t) said...

Thanks- when you say plain noodles-which brand?